R came back again, saying that he regretted it again, and I tried to make it work with him again.
But hey – you learn from mistakes. You can make the same mistake
once twice okay fine, four times, but you learn from it… eventually. You learn that people don’t change. You also learn the man you thought was the love of your life is an asshole, and that you’re better off without him.
So, where do I stand at the moment?
Lisa’s life in a list:
1. I have ended things amicably with R, whose last text to me was a smiley face 🙂 Because breaking down my walls and pouring my heart out in a last text message warrants only a smiley face.
2. I have booked my flight back to Malaysia and will be home on July 11th. Immediate plans are to binge eat, play with my cat, and get a tan. Long-term plans are to become supreme overlord of Malaysia and open a bakery selling cupcakes and brownies.
3. My final weeks in London have been fantastic. Look at me doing fantastic things, like:
Being on a boat with the nicest guy I’ve met, but subsequently fucking that up because I made a conscious decision to give my asshole ex another chance. #lessonsfromLisa: Don’t fuck things up.
Binge eating. Remember, kids: People let you down, but food never lets you down.
Trying to be skinny and all that.
Trying to be hench and all that.
My body is confused.
Writing this blog post on a Thursday evening.
Well done, Lisa. Your life has peaked.
4. Staying positive and spamming my Twitter (@lisajariffin) followers with cheesy quotes like these:
5. I suppose I’ll have to find a job, at some point. But that’s for future Lisa to worry about.
So that’s my very short update.
I have been well, most of the time.
I firmly believe that happiness is a state of mind. I also firmly believe that no matter how hard life gets, you just have to pick yourself up and move on. You just have to live life to its fullest, because it’s the only thing you can do.